I made this second one with knitpicks chambray Wool of the Andes. It took almost four balls, I think. I made it in the round, with an extra 10 stitches across, and 12 on each side. That gives a total of 114 in the round instead of 90. I made the flap with 36 instead of 24, and kept it attached so I didn’t have to sew it on. Then I made a separate piece with 28 stitches across and about 7 inches long and sewed it on the backside to be a cell phone holder after I washed the heck out of all the pieces. It really shrank up but it is nice and thick and holds its shape well, and it is at least an inch taller and wider than the original bag. I just estimated the holes locations for the drawstrings after I was done, I didn’t do yarn overs. And, I attached the strap by putting the strap into the posterior holes and knotting them off with the drawstring cords.
As you can see in the bottom picture I added a magnetic snap. I attached the piece on the flap by using a scrap piece leftover from the cell phone piece.
Aaaaaand here is my car. After my little car accident today.
This is the other car.